What is the Gastric Balloon?
- Highly effective, Non-surgical medical procedure
- No stomach cutting, stapling, or banding
- Results – lose 3X the amount of weight compared to diet & exercise alone
- 12 month medically managed support program to keep the weight off for long term results
- A great way for a man or woman to jump start a new, healthy lifestyle
How does it work?
Before deciding on any treatment you will have a free consultation to discuss your goals and what type of results we can achieve for you. We will talk about your current BMI and set objectives so you can get the weight off quickly and jump start your healthier lifestyle. Candidates for the gastric balloon are typically within a BMI range of 30-40 and trying to lose 20-40 pounds. However, patients with higher BMI seeking greater weight loss may also be good candidates for the gastric balloon. This can only be determined during the consultation. After your consultation, you will have a clear understanding of what to expect during your 12-month program and be on the path to a slimmer you.
During your treatment, the gastric balloon is inserted into the stomach from the esophagus and filled with a saline solution once in place. This quick, 15 minute outpatient procedure is done under a mild sedative without the need for general anesthesia. Your treatment will take place in our private, state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center located on-site at Athenix Body Sculpting Institute. After the gastric balloon is placed, you may experience nausea or discomfort in the first few days while your stomach adjusts to the balloon but you may return to normal activities in the first few days.
The Orbera™ gastric balloon retrains your stomach and makes it easier to practice portion control and intake fewer calories throughout the 6 months the balloon is in the stomach. After 6 months, the gastric balloon is removed. The removal process is just as simple; it is an outpatient procedure that takes about 20 minutes without a long downtime or recovery process. The following 6 months after the removal of the balloon you will continue your support program under the guidance of medical professionals - so the results you achieve, are for good.
See our Gastric Balloon Patients’ Success Stories
Marie Lost 24 lbs.
"I feel great! It’s one of the best things I’ve ever done in my life."
After failing over and over again with other weight loss options, Marie decided to try ORBERA®. She believes the lifestyle changing weight loss system has helped her to achieve her weight loss goals.
Andrew Lost 30 lbs.
"I lost 30 lbs. with ORBERA® and kept the weight off for 5 years."
Andrew wasn’t happy with himself. Drowning in disappointment, Andrew would look in the mirror and wonder if the day would ever come where he would feel comfortable in his own skin. Andrew believes trying ORBERA® was a changing point in his life. By controlling his portions and eating slower he was able to change the way he ate. It has changed Andrew’s life and he believes it can change yours too.
*Results are from individual customer testimonials and your results may vary.
The Support you Need
Along with Orbera™, proper diet and exercise are required to achieve the best results. The gastric balloon will retrain your body to manage good portion control. Your personal support staff is ready to help guide you, keep you motivated, give you nutritional counseling and keep you on track to a healthy, energetic, slimmer you.
Is the Gastric Balloon right for you?
- The gastric balloon may be right for you if you have struggled with excess weight and are ready to make a life change without the drastic step of bariatric surgery.
- If you are committed to following a 12-month follow-up support program.
- If excess weight is impacting your energy levels or causing health related issues such as diabetes.
- If excess weight is reducing your confidence or negatively impacting your social life.
- If you want to avoid a major surgical procedure such as the gastric sleeve which involves permanently cutting and stapling of the stomach.
To see if Orbera™ gastric balloon is the right treatment for you, schedule a complimentary consultation today and learn more about what Athenix can do for you.