VASERsmooth cellulite treatments attack the structural problems beneath the skin that cause cellulite. This cellulite treatment targets the bulging fat pockets that push up the skin and releases the stiff fibrous bands that depress the skin and cause the unsightly dimpling effect. Correcting these problems that reside below the skin’s surface produces a smoother, healthier look that lasts. And, it’s done in ONE treatment, while you are awake with minimal downtime. Most people return to work in a few days.
How does this cellulite treatment work?
The procedure smooths dimpling by using ultrasound to attack the physical structure of cellulite. This is done by:
- Leveling out the bumps of fat by liquefying it
- Treating dimples by releasing the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin
- Stimulating collagen production to increase your skin’s depth and elasticity for a smoother look
- Pockets of bulging fat are liquefied
- Fibrous bands that cause dimpling are released
- Skin tissue is tightened
Your doctor will make a couple of tiny incisions about half the size of a grain of rice near the area to be treated. The area will be numbed with a local anesthetic so you are comfortable and awake during the cellulite treatment. Your doctor will then use ultrasound energy source inserted through the small incision. He or she will begin liquefying bulging pockets of fat and releasing the fibrous bands of tissue causing the dimpling. The entire process will take about 1 – 2 hours.
What to expect from Vaser® cellulite treatment?
- After your procedure you may have some bruising and mild swelling.
- Most people return to work or normal activities in a few days.
- During the procedure you may feel pressure but it shouldn’t be painful. After the procedure, the area will be sore.
- You will begin to see results within a few weeks with best results occurring over the next 3 – 12 months.