Orange County Office
113 Waterworks Way, Suite 300
Irvine, CA 92618
How much do your breasts sag? If you put a pencil under your breast and it stays there, breast lift surgery, also known as a mastopexy, might be an option for you. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, aging, and gravity can all conspire to stretch and weaken the supporting skin and ligaments, causing the breasts to droop and sag. Your breasts may have a flabby, slack appearance, with a loss of firmness and fullness in the upper breasts.
Custom-Tailored Breast Lift in Orange County
During your breast lift in Orange County here at Athenix Body Sculpting Institute, your surgeon can remove excess skin to lift and tighten the breasts. A breast lift alone will not make your breasts larger. If you have lost breast volume or simply want larger breasts, we can combine the procedure with breast augmentation in Orange County to give you fuller, higher, perkier breasts.
You and Your Wishes Matter Above All Else.
Before we begin any surgical procedure, our physicians work with our patients on a one-on-one basis to understand the results they are hoping to achieve and to set realistic expectations for the outcome. When you come to us for a breast lift, we will custom tailor a procedure designed to fit your unique anatomy. Your Irvine breast lift surgeon will take careful measurements and discuss the various types of lifts to determine which approach will achieve your best results.
The breast lift technique that is best for you will depend on a number of factors, including:
- Breast size and shape
- Degree of sagging
- Skin elasticity and quality
- Amount of extra skin
- Size and position of areolas
Breast Lift Incision Techniques
Our Orange County breast lift surgeons have a variety of incision placement techniques to select from for your breast lift procedure. Your surgeon will recommend the best type of breast lift for you based on the amount of excess skin, the condition of your existing breast tissue, and your personal goals to achieve the most attractive results, with the least scarring possible. Types of breast lifts include:
- Crescent Lift: This technique causes minimal scarring and is used to correct minimal sagging. It involves a small incision halfway around the top edge of the areola. The crescent lift is generally only done when a patient is also receiving implants.
- Peri-areolar (Donut) Lift: For this type of breast lift, the surgeon makes a circular incision running all the way around the areola. The Donut lift can be used to correct mild sagging and is often done in conjunction with implants. It can also be effective when reducing the size of the areola.
- Vertical (Lollipop) Lift: This type of lift allows the surgeon to reshape the entire breast and remove excess skin, leaving scars that can be easily hidden. The surgeon makes two incisions – one running around the edge of the areola, and the other running vertically from the bottom of the areola to the inframammary fold at the bottom of the breast. Together, these incisions make the shape of a lollipop.
- Inverted T (Anchor) Lift: The Anchor breast lift is used to correct significant sagging and dramatically reshape the breast. It allows the surgeon to remove a substantial amount of tissue and skin and may be the best technique to correct pendulous breasts and excessive sagging. It involves two incisions: 1) from the bottom of the areola vertically to the breast crease; and 2) along the inframammary fold. A third incision may also be made around the areola for an Anchor lift with areola reduction.
Restoring Your Breasts: Turning Back the Clock
The larger your breasts, the stronger the downward pull, but even small breasts can succumb to gravity eventually. A breast lift can help you regain the perky, projecting breasts you had in your younger, pre-childbearing days and improve your self-image as well as your silhouette. With a breast lift procedure tailored specifically for you, our highly-trained Irvine breast lift surgeon can correct:
- Sagging breasts
- Pendulous breasts
- Nipples that face downward
- Loss of firmness
- Loss of cleavage and breast closeness
- Loss of fullness in the upper breasts
- Loss of volume (with breast augmentation)
What to Expect after a Breast Lift at Athenix
Your breast lift will be performed under general anesthesia in our onsite state-of-the-art surgical facility in Irvine. The procedure will take a few hours, and you will need someone to drive you home after the surgery.
You can expect some swelling, soreness, and bruising for one to two weeks after the surgery. The swelling will resolve and your incision lines will fade over time. We may recommend that you wear a surgical bra for a week after your breast lift, and a support bra for several weeks thereafter.
Recovery time is approximately one week. Most of our Orange County breast lift patients are able to return to work and light activity in about a week, depending on the type of work they do. It is important to avoid bending over and any strenuous activity that could put pressure on the chest during the first week after the surgery.
Your incision scars will continue to fade for months after your breast lift, and eventually turn into thin white lines. The surgical technique used in your breast lift procedure affects the appearance of your scars. Your Athenix surgeon will custom tailor a breast lift procedure to safely achieve the best possible results with the least amount of scarring.
Transform Your Breasts at Athenix
Sagging breasts after childbirth or weight loss can ruin the lines of your physique, make you appear older than you actually are, and lower your self-confidence. No woman wants to have breasts that droop or have downward pointing nipples.
Breast lift surgery can make your breasts higher and firmer with more cleavage and restore fullness in the upper breasts. It can make you feel more feminine and younger looking and raise your self-esteem.
Meet with Our Team: A Free Consultation
The first step toward regaining your curves is to schedule a free consultation with a plastic surgeon at Athenix Body Sculpting Institute in Irvine. We will be happy to discuss your goals and concerns and design a breast lift procedure specifically for you.