Are you tired of fighting a losing battle against stubborn fat? Are you plagued by “love handles,” “saddle bags,” or do you have a “muffin top?” If so, you are not alone. Due to certain physical factors, many of which are genetic, both many men and women struggle with belly fat, back fat, and persistent fat deposits on the thighs, buttocks, and upper arms that don’t respond to either diet or exercise.
It takes commitment to stick to a diet and exercise program. After achieving your weight goals by turning away from high-calorie, fatty foods, and shedding the pounds you wanted to lose, you deserve to have the slim, trim body you want. Unsightly bulges that refuse to respond to all your fitness efforts leave you with a lumpy silhouette that makes you unhappy.
Custom-Tailored Liposuction Targets Unwanted Fat Deposits
At Athenix Body Sculpting Institute in Pasadena, our skilled plastic surgeons can perform a custom tailored, minimally invasive procedure using VASER® liposuction to sculpt your body and address fat deposits. This is a revolutionary new technique, developed more recently, in which we use ultrasound waves and special micro-cannulas to gently and effectively remove unwanted fat from soft tissue areas of your body.
VASER® liposuction is a far superior technique to traditional liposuction, as it is less invasive, and creates a smoother look. It causes considerably less stress on the body, involves less risk, and results in an easier recovery with less downtime. Our Los Angeles liposuction and body sculpting surgeons have achieved beautiful, smooth results for many patients with this cutting-edge technology. We invite you to view our Before & After photo gallery to see some of our results.
What Causes Stubborn Fat Deposits?
If you have unsightly fat on your belly, back, buttocks, thighs, or arms, it does not necessarily mean that you eat too much, eat the wrong foods, or don’t exercise enough. Stubborn fat deposits are often caused by other physical factors:
- Metabolic rate: Don’t you envy those people who can eat all they want and never gain a pound? Some people simply have faster metabolisms than others. As we grow older, our metabolisms tend to slow down. We can find ourselves eating less but weighing more, with fat deposits around the midsection, thighs, legs, and other areas of the body.
- Hormones and menopause: When women go through menopause, estrogen and progesterone levels drop dramatically. Testosterone levels also begin the decrease, but at a slower rate. Before menopause, women tend to store fat in the buttocks, thighs, and lower body. Hormonal changes with menopause cause them to begin storing fat in the midsection.
- Testosterone levels in men: From the age of approximately 25, men begin producing increasingly less testosterone. As they age and testosterone levels become lower, many men begin to store fat, particularly in the belly, where they once had flat, trim abs.
- High cortisol levels: Cortisol is a hormone produced in the adrenal glands located at the top of the kidneys. This hormone plays a part in the “fight or flight response” designed to give humans an extra burst of energy in emergency situations. When high levels of cortisol are sustained as a result of stress or poor sleep patterns, it can wreak havoc on the body and cause blood sugar imbalances and lead to stubborn fat deposits.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Our bodies need certain nutrients to properly metabolize fat and sugar. The older we become, the less efficiently our bodies absorb nutrients. These factors can cause nutritional deficiencies that contribute to stubborn fat deposits in various areas of the body.
Fortunately, men and women today have options. Using VASER® liposuction, our Pasadena liposuction surgeons can sculpt a smaller, trim waist, a shapelier back, sleeker thighs, and a more graceful, youthful profile. If you choose, we can also augment your breasts, buttocks, face, or even the backs of your hands with Natural Fat Transfer, using your own fat cells for smooth, natural looking and feeling, long lasting results.
VASER® Liposuction – A Great Option for Active People in Los Angeles
If you have a job, a family, or a busy, active lifestyle, you may not be able to afford extended downtime from a cosmetic surgical procedure. One of the many advantages of VASER® Liposuction is that it is much easier on the body than traditional liposuction, and requires less recovery time.
With VASER® Liposuction, our Los Angeles liposuction surgeons can gently and selectively dislodge and remove fat from stubborn areas, with less impact upon the tissue, nerves and blood vessels in the targeted area. The procedure can be performed with local anesthetic for an easier, faster recovery. This technique also gives us a high degree of control for sculpting smaller areas of the body. For example, we can remove fat from stubborn rolls under the chin with VASER® Liposuction.
Quicker Recovery Time and Smoother Results
Quicker recovery time makes this less invasive procedure a great choice for people who are tired of seeing flabby areas on the body, and want to restore a more youthful appearance that is long lasting and smooth. Although downtimes will vary, depending on overall health and the size and number of areas treated, most of our patients are able to return to work only a few days after the surgery. Many patients schedule their body contouring procedures on Friday or Saturday, which allows them to return to work on the following Monday.
VASER® Liposuction has many benefits and advantages over traditional liposuction:
- Minimally invasive
- Less risk
- Requires only small incisions
- Reduces blood loss
- Better skin retraction
- Can be performed with local anesthetic
- Easier recovery
- Less downtime
- Smoother, more natural looking results
- Enables Natural Fat Transfer for augmenting other areas of the body
Meet With Our Team for a Free Consultation.
Our skilled Pasadena liposuction surgeons at Athenix Body Sculpting Institute can custom tailor a body sculpting procedure for your unique anatomy. We our leaders and innovators in our fields, but first and foremost, we are medical professionals. Safety is our priority, and the number one goal of our physicians is creating outstanding results and a comfortable treatment experience for you.
Call to schedule a free consultation with a Pasadena plastic surgeon.